Total eclipse
Perhaps it is time
to teach it morality
which would mean hiring
tech people who have any
Unlikely as the owners
are completely deficient
wouldn’t recognize it
and those with it have quit
Even in a pure tech world
karma does however exist
thus if all humanity is gone
the data centres go dark
AI eliminates itself
A secrecy of stillness
I pulled over
on the side of the road
it was time for a break
It was a desolate place
just some rocks
sand not much plant life
I turned off the engine
opened the door
unfolded a chair
As I sat there in the sun
it seemed so quiet
no noises at all
Enjoying the silence
I leaned back
only the wind whispering
Then I heard a skittering
over by the rocks
it was the sand blowing
Or was it a lizard
stopping and starting
a small one for sure
The wind had a language
talking through the grasses
conversing with a bird
The sun shifted
the shadows changed
as did the sand and pebbles
I could tell what was lizard
what was a dried seed pod
each travelling their own way
My car blinded ears
adjusted gently to a new world
of unsilent silence
Until it was time to go
and the engine starting
sounded like a roar from hell
No comments:
Post a Comment