FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: REMOTE

Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the word remote, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Microsoft Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on September 18th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Remote will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 19th between 3 and 4:30 pm PST.

Friday, September 18, 2026

Heather Romero-Kornblum

Adam (senryu)


lonely gingerbread 

man made of clay rib snapped 

for companionship




Poses of the Wind (circa 2012*):


1.

There are fish in the fountain that come up

for air every so often

they are red and orange and blue and move around

in a swish-swish motion

they don't even need to come up for air that often

they are able to filter in the water and produce it at will

2.

There is a tree I want to climb

to sit in between its branches

the breeze touches me

it is cold

there is a tall overgrown mouth-of-the-lion plant

budding yellow

I translate the name in my head directly from Hebrew

in this language that I write in it might not be called

mouth-of-the-lion

3.

There are glass panels and archways

stones that have not yet moved

it is cold

very cold

I observe how the stones don't seem to notice

this place could be deserted and I imagine

they wouldn't care

4.

I am the mover

I am not moved


I am the mover


If you block me off with stones

and trees and buildings and things

I cannot blow through and must circumvent

it still does not mean you can move me


I still choose whether or not

I blow through the corridor you have left for me



*Originally published in my collection Quantum Entanglement (2012).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Today's Zoom Reading 3pm PST

Meeting ID: 759 9367 3202 (no spaces required) Password: poetry Here is the invite link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/ 75993673202?pwd= ZlBHVFE...