A Sailor’s Life
Across far oceans
Over distant horizon
I spread starched wings of white
Trade, spice, adventure
A lifetime of sail
Remote, fare tropical isles
‘Round the whole wide world
Circumnavigation
Riding foaming waves’ white crests
Till my voyage, complete
I come back to the sea
To find solace and rest
#
[untitled haiku]
chips, salsa, cold beer
big-screen plasma with remote
man-cave nirvana
#
Take Me
Take me to a place
I’ve never been before
Some far-off foreign country
A distant, remote shore
Take me off somewhere
where all the noise
will cease
Take me to a place
where I may be
restored
Take me to a place
That’s near and yet so far
Some greasy-spoon old diner
A waterfront dive bar
Take me off somewhere
where I can find some
peace
Take me to a place
beneath some
shimmering star
Take me to a place
Where I’m safe out of the rain
Some sheltered, moated castle
A quiet country lane
Take me off somewhere
where I can find
release
Take me to a place
where I may love
again
No comments:
Post a Comment