FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: REMOTE

Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the word remote, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Microsoft Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on September 18th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Remote will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 19th between 3 and 4:30 pm PST.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

CLS Sandoval

Go Away

I don’t want to listen to you play guitar.
I don’t want to be “impressed” by your friends.
Go away!

I am no longer interested.
You no longer turn me on.
Leave me alone!

Sorry that it must end like this.
Then again, maybe I am not.
I want to be alone!

Things always go like this for me.
The fire burns bright and then the smoke clears.
I am over you!

Now, I have nothing for you.
I believe you have nothing for me.
Get out of my life!

I think you are ignoring me.
You do not wish to hear what I said.
Fine, I do not care.

Just pack up your things and move on.
Get out now.
Go away!





Polly Pandemic

I can only see half her face
She’s wearing a mask
it’s to protect her
supposedly from the virus
but it’s to protect her from everything

Her eyes look clear and focused
but she hasn’t quite figured out
the zoom yet

She wants to connect
she says
just as the Wi-Fi disconnects
It’s popular to say we’re sick of lockdown

But if she had it her way
she’s stay behind
closed doors
drawn shades
the computer screen
the mask

she’d stay away





Walking Sunny
Even when I moved away to grad school, I was the only family member to ever walk the dog.  One afternoon before work, when I had not even a moment to spare, Sunny saw a cat.  She charged in the direction of the orange and white feline so hard and fast, I thought the snapping and ripping sound was my shoulder separating from my body.  Luckily, it was only the retractable leash breaking.  Even luckier, the chase left me only five minutes late to work at the Souplantatation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Today's Zoom Reading 3pm PST

Meeting ID: 759 9367 3202 (no spaces required) Password: poetry Here is the invite link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/ 75993673202?pwd= ZlBHVFE...