REMOVED
The door closed, out of sight, as
long as
not in the room you move
and make your dreams in,
means any horror can pass out of
existence,
round the corner.
The anguish you are brought face to
face with,
scares you next to you
like a slap,
can, like a light, be switched off,
no longer worry you, or concern you,
when, with blessed relief, it leaves
you
to go to its room.
Free to pace your square,
relax within your four walls,
leave what had unnerved you
in your own space
to pass out of your mind
and cease,
there in its room and torment,
alone, remote, in grief and despair,
what, by positions and angles and
corners,
and doors,
you have locked out.
AFAR
I stand by the door,
keep it slightly ajar,
spy on the world.
I flinch, I edge back,
when its glare is too strong,
too spicy, too hot,
threatens me with grievous bodily harm.
I’m ready to close, hold it tight,
my shoulder pressed against,
hand on handle to repel boarders.
Opened wider, the full spread of colours
is a film’s expanding location shot,
I tiptoe upon a setting framing another’s life,
peek in, ready to draw back if they hit out.
I strive as if life depended on it to reach into that space
and fetch that person into my heart,
soothe a troubled brow, assuage a disturbed storyline,
massage a gently fulfilling ending
where there is no need for a door behind which
I hide and push into another place
keep remote
what I fear here in my room,
the touch of flesh,
its hotness, its pain, its vulnerability.
No comments:
Post a Comment