FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: REMOTE

Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the word remote, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Microsoft Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on September 18th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Remote will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 19th between 3 and 4:30 pm PST.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Tim Tipton

The Sound of Water

It’s steelhead season
The sun floats in a white mist.
I am very happy to
walk along the river
where life breathes through the blue-
green ripples and I find comfort
in a pair of ducks
breaking into the flight upriver shining
in morning light.
I stand at the bank and close my eyes
and savor the out rush of quietness.
I want to get lost in a world I never
lived in. Be happy sitting at a bank
fishing all day , or carving something
beautiful out of wood, or paddle a raft
to a salvation of solitude. To be drawn
to nature, to be remote, and to want nothing more
than to hear the sound of water flowing, I can’t
tell you how happy that makes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link to Today's Zoom Reading 3pm PST

Meeting ID: 759 9367 3202 (no spaces required) Password: poetry Here is the invite link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/ 75993673202?pwd= ZlBHVFE...